LEARN TO SEARCH
AURIN Data Catalogue
Searching by keywords
The Data Catalogue can be searched using words relating to your study theme.
For example, to find datasets relating to bicycle usage, you can enter the word “bike” in the search box and click the magnifying glass or hit Enter to obtain a list of matching datasets with the keyword “bike”.
Browsing by organisation
You can also browse for datasets by their organisations.
Click on “Organisations” to view all data sources in the Data Catalogue and then click on an organisation to view its datasets.
Browsing by groups
You can also browse for datasets by their thematic group. The access controls are explained in the description of each group.
Narrowing by geographic area
To filter the list of datasets, you can define a geographic area of interest using the Data Catalogue’s map draw tool. For example, when in the datasets view, through clicking the pencil icon on the map insert, drawing a box around Tasmania, then clicking Apply, the search results will be limited to datasets that have coverage in that area.
Viewing dataset information
You can find out more information about a dataset by viewing its metadata. To do this, click on a dataset and scroll down to view its Abstract and Additional information.
In the additional information section, there is information about that datasets source, last update date, license and more. The ADP ID can be used for data downloading through the AURIN Data Provider, as is explained in the Explore User Guides linked at the bottom of this Guide.
Download a dataset
You can download a dataset from the AURIN Data Catalogue in different ways, including direct download through the AURIN Download Manager :
- Navigate to the Data and Resources section of a dataset entry in the Data Catalogue.
- Click into Explore, then Go to resource.
- Once clicking on Go to resource, it will bring you to the AURIN Download Manager page for data downloading. If this is your first time using the AURIN Download Manager, the system will bring you to the login page automatically. For more information on how to login, please read through our ADP Access Dashboard User Guide.
- In the AURIN Download Manager, please select the data format from the dropdown menu. You can choose from CSV, GML, GeoJSON, KML.
- Click Download. Once it is finished, you will receive a message indicating the file size.
Other ways to download and interact with data from the AURIN Data Catalogue include the use of GIS applications and programming languages, to find out more read through the below User Guides: